Re: Page numbering

Subject: Re: Page numbering
From: HOLLAND -at- IPFWCVAX -dot- BITNET
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1993 18:38:44 EST

Mark Levinson inquired about how often I'm able to convince people for whom
I'm doing contract work that decimal page numbering is preferable to
hyphenated page numbering (i.e., Page 5.2 is better than Page 5-2). The
response is, "Almost invariably," once I show 'em sample tables of contents
and indexes using both systems. The decimal examples are far less confusing.

I have never, however, combined decimal page numbering with decimal section
numbering. That'd REALLY be mystifying!

Steve Hollander
holland -at- cvax -dot- ipfw -dot- indiana -dot- edu