Re: Usability -- page numbering

Subject: Re: Usability -- page numbering
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1993 09:16:22 EST

As a minor point, speaking as someone who actually reads TFM,
finding pages is easier in a sequentially numbered manual,
especially if I don't know it inside out. With page numbers
for each chapter, I have to guess, when I open to, say,
page 4-17, how far I am from 7-3. With sequential numbering,
I know how far page 134 is from page 188.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY