Developing User Profiles

Subject: Developing User Profiles
From: Patrick O'Connell <OCONNELL -at- DEV -dot- EICON -dot- QC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1993 11:24:00 PST

A non-Nethead co-worker here is wondering about sources of information -- on
the Net and Compuserve -- having to do with developing user profiles: "past
research on the best ways of developing them, what questions to ask, etc."
Our focus is on the software (computer _____) side of technical
communication, but any pointers would be welcome. Suggestions of the best
tools (gopher? veronica?) to use in conducting our *own* search are also
most welcome.

Thanx,
Pat O'Connell for Sarah Smith (the not-so-mysterious co-worker)
Patrick O'Connell
Technical Writer, Eicon Technology Corporation
2196 32nd Ave. Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8T 3H7
Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- qc -dot- ca
Tel: (B) 514-631-9825 x250 (H) 514-482-9279