Re: How does one plug into the Internet?

Subject: Re: How does one plug into the Internet?
From: Tim Pera <uusr656!tim -at- UU2 -dot- PSI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 08:24:49 CST

Ken d'Albenas writes re: connecting to the Internet

>Here in Alberta, I don't think we have Netcom, and
>I'm real sure we don't have America On Line (sp?),
>but I think there's Uunet, Compuserve, and of course
>the local university.

Call Compuserve customer service at (800) 848-8990.
I know you can connect to the Internet via Compuserve
for e-mail, but don't know the extent of other services.

I'll take the opportunity to spread the word that the
University of Minnesota Alumni Association is offering
time-unlimited Internet access from the home for $70/year
plus the cost of joining the Association ($30/year, open
to all) plus the cost of "Slip" software ($80 once). Slip
includes e-mail capability as well as Gopher, Telnet and
ftp. IBM and Mac.

University of Minnesota Alumni Association
501 Coffman Union, 300 Washington Ave. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0396
(612) 624-2323

I'm not endorsing or recommending this. I don't have any
personal interest in the Alumni Association, etc., etc.

Tim Pera
tim -at- pbs -dot- com