Re: Road Trip Denver to Tuscon

Subject: Re: Road Trip Denver to Tuscon
From: Joe Fockler <jfockler -at- IPHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1993 12:51:12 -0600

Also take a large (empty) coffee can or two and some fairly large
candles and matches. If you should get stranded, these candles
should give off enough heat to keep the interior of the car warm
enough and prevent frostbite/freezing etc. Along with the blankets this
should keep you pretty warm in the event of getting stranded.

Think about taking some flairs too. I speak from experience dealing with
the Upper Michigan winters.

Good Luck

Joe Fockler
jfockler -at- iphase -dot- com

According to Kathleen Nosbisch : +
+ > I'm road tripping from Denver to Tuscon on the 18th (next
+ > saturday), and then back again on the 26th (the sunday after that).
+ > Anybody want me to stop in and say hello? :-) If anybody can offer
+ > possible crash space along the way (say, Albequerqe - how *is* that
+ > spelled?), it'd be appreciated. I've never made a drive this long
+ > before, so I don't know if I'll start fading halfway there.

+ Just be sure you take emergency winter supplies along.... last year
+ they closed down I-25 just south of Pueblo due to high winds - we got
+ the last hotel room available in a little town called Colorado City,
+ and the hotel had no heat. We had extra blankets in our car, thank
+ goodness!

+ Take a thermos of hot coffee, (or cocoa), lots of munchies, and a CB
+ radio if you have/can get one!

+ Also - if the weather starts getting bad, find a motel room fast,
+ because in some of the smaller towns, they're unavailable, and you may
+ end up sleeping/holing up in a school gymnasium or something.

+ We're leaving the 22nd to head to Las Cruces, NM... so will be behind
+ you by a few days on most of the road.

+ Have a safe trip!

+ kat

+ p.s. Come on up for the Boulder Writers Alliance Christmas party
+ tomorrow night in Boulder!