Re: I think it's Tuc, son...

Subject: Re: I think it's Tuc, son...
From: Len Olszewski <saslpo -at- UNX -dot- SAS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 09:02:48 -0500

Jack Shaw notes:

[...]

> When I was in North Carolina,
> I was invited to a barbequerque once...

Not if a (real) North Carolinian invited you. Usually, we just refer to
it (among ourselves) as "Q". Or some call it "cue", although the
pronunciation remains the same.

As an objective and observant import (of seven years, so I have *some*
standing), I can report that there is a rich etymological tradition, not
to mention the culinary and sociological factors, in referring to and
eating good Carolina Q. You need pig, you need vinegar, you need hot
sauce. There's more to it, but those are the basics.

Don't even *try* to talk to me about the cow with tomato sauce they eat
down in Texas 8-).

Obligatory technical writing item: Know your audience.

Later.

|Len Olszewski, Technical Writer | "To err is human, but it feels |
|saslpo -at- unx -dot- sas -dot- com|Cary, NC, USA| divine." - Mae West |
| Opinions this ludicrous are mine. Reasonable opinions will cost you.|