Technical people

Subject: Technical people
From: 0505EN09 -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 15:15:56 -0600

My boss walked into my office this morning and handed me a piece of paper.
"Here," he said. "You have to deal with these people."

UNDERSTANDING TECHNICAL PEOPLE

Technical people respond to questions in three ways.

1. It is technically impossible.
Meaning: I don't feel like doing it.

2. It depends ...........
Meaning: Abandon all hope of a useful answer

3. The data bits are flexed through a collectimizer which strips
the flow gate arrays into virtual message elements .......
Meaning: I don't know.

(Stolen from _Build a Better Life by Stealing Office Supplies_,
Dogbert's Big Book of Business.)

I needed a joke. That annoying sound you keep hearing is me doing the Dance
of Joy down the hall. Finals are over!

Janet

PS. Hope this was OK to post. I just thought if I could use a small laugh,
everyone else could, too.

PPS. Someone here at the office tells me that the author of this strip has
an E-Mail address on the Internet. You can send him messages telling him
about the stupid stuff that goes on in your office, and who knows, you might
wind up in print.