Re: Technical people

Subject: Re: Technical people
From: Ken d'Albenas <kendal -at- AUTOTROL -dot- CUC -dot- AB -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1993 15:55:00 MST

Janet <0505EN09 -at- UHDVX3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU> wrote:

> Subject: Technical people
> To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L <TECHWR-L -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET>

> My boss walked into my office this morning and handed me a piece of paper.
> "Here," he said. "You have to deal with these people."

> UNDERSTANDING TECHNICAL PEOPLE . . .

> .
> .
> .

> (Stolen from _Build a Better Life by Stealing Office Supplies_,
> Dogbert's Big Book of Business.)

> PPS. Someone here at the office tells me that the author of this strip has
> an E-Mail address on the Internet. You can send him messages telling him
> about the stupid stuff that goes on in your office, and who knows, you might
> wind up in print.

Scott Adams, the author of the Dilbert comic strip, has an America On Line
account. He can be reached (oops, I mean, "You can reach him" ;-) at
scottadams -at- aol -dot- com

If you read Dilbert regularly, you might notice that Scott publishes this
address in between the panels. I first noticed it in January, and
wrote to him. He replied that he'd received 1,500 replies in the space of
a couple of days.

No wonder the strip is so good. It has thousands of contributors!

------------------------

Different topic:

Before heading off on XMas vacation, I'd like to wish all you techwrs
around the world (both lurkers and participants) a Merry Christmas,
Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year, and, for those who don't do Xmas or
Hanukkah, just a good ol' Happy Holidays!! This list has been a gold
mine. It's been great getting to know you. Let's all raise a glass
to Eric Ray on New Year's Eve.

Cheers, eh?

Ken d'Albenas
(-::
Replies to: kendal -at- autotrol -dot- cuc -dot- ab -dot- ca
Flames to: what_me_worry@/dev/null

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?