Pricing, Costing and Estimation (Oh No!)

Subject: Pricing, Costing and Estimation (Oh No!)
From: "Brian J. Dooley" <Brian_Dooley -at- EQUINOX -dot- GEN -dot- NZ>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1993 11:27:17 +1300

Knew the subject area would grab some attention!
Project estimating has always been one of the problems of our field.
I'm wondering if anyone has any rules or guidelines that have worked well
in this area. For the independents, then, how does one go about quoting
on a project, given the problems of estimating. Then, how do you charge
in order to avoid cost overruns from underestimation? Do you charge on
a project basis, on an hourly basis...and what do you do when it looks
like your original estimate was wrong?

Enquiring minds need to know.

--
***** BRIAN J. DOOLEY ***** 1/45 Aylesford St., Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND
email: Brian_Dooley -at- equinox -dot- gen -dot- nz CompuServe: 75146,3212