Re: What is quality?

Subject: Re: What is quality?
From: Jonathan Leer <jleer -at- MV -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 1994 11:28:24 -0500

In regard to evaluation of documents... I wonder how much success writers
are having in getting companies to actually do this. Most of the companies
I have worked for as a contractor do not follow up documents. I believe that
they want to eliminate any further expense and are perhaps ignorant as to the
real benefits.
Regarding benefits, has any writer actually presented a cost projection of
evaluating a document against simply plodding along? (Any empirical info?)
My conclusion has been that unless we can show $$numbers, nobody outside
of technical writing is going to really pay attention.
Thanks,
jon Leer