Re: ACM or IEEE conference? (A Babel of Initialisms)

Subject: Re: ACM or IEEE conference? (A Babel of Initialisms)
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 1994 23:44:47 GMT

> I have the feeling that October's conference in Banff
> is an IEEE IPCC conference, _not_ an ACM SIGDOC conference.

Yep. <deep breath> The Institute of Electrical and
Electronics Engineers International Professional
Communication Conference <whew!>. And time is running
out if you want to submit an abstract (deadline is the
end of January, I think).

Sometimes initialisms and acronyms are used to obfuscate;
sometimes to impress; sometimes as a courtesy to asthma
sufferers. :)

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"