Re: Apologies

Subject: Re: Apologies
From: Billie Wahlstrom <bwahlstr -at- MAILBOX -dot- MAIL -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 1994 16:45:33 -0600

I think cultural, social, ethical issues are very much within the purview of the
technical communicator. They shape us and we should discuss them as they
pertain to the work we do. But I don't want to read polemics that are divorced
from the reason I'm participating in this particular forum.

In message <01H7K9E1BJIQDBJA4U -at- VX -dot- CIS -dot- UMN -dot- EDU> "Technical Writers List; for all
Technical Communication issues"
writes:

> > My apologies to all of TECHWR-L. My intention was to reply to
> > one message, but it didn't have an e-mail address. I thought the
> > reply mechanism of elm would take care of that... and it did not.
> >
> > Instead, my views on an appropriate topic (in an inappropriate forum)
> > turned up on the internet.
> >
> > Consider me educated about the reply function.
> >
> > Uh, are animal rights, humane society issues, also outside the scope
> > of TECHWR-L?
> >
> > Marianne
> >
> > mcm -at- zycor -dot- lgc -dot- com

Billie Wahlstrom
Professor and Head
Department of Rhetoric
University of Minnesota
St. Paul, MN 55105
Telephone: 612.624.7750

Home of the Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Technical Communication!