Summary of changes in prefaces

Subject: Summary of changes in prefaces
From: David McMurrey IBM <davidm -at- AUSTIN -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 1994 17:13:51 -0600

What do you all think about including a section in prefaces to
software and hardware manuals that lists the changes made to those
books since the previous release/edition?

Do you think readers/users really care whether the name of a
chapter was changed, or that it was moved somewhere else in the book?

I'm having trouble justifying such a section in the prefaces to the
books in our library, and would like to know what you all think, what
you do, and so on.

David McMurrey
Info. Dev.--IBM, Austin, Texas
davidm -at- austin -dot- ibm -dot- com