Re: Summary of changes in prefaces

Subject: Re: Summary of changes in prefaces
From: Paul Brady 5797 <PBrady -at- CHIPCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 1994 18:40:00 PST

no...it sounds like a logistical nightmare....

Besides, if you call out any changes since the last revision, they should be
*technical* ones...not style changes...users won't care.

-p
----------
From: TECHWR-L
To: Multiple recipients of list TECHWR-L
Subject: Summary of changes in prefaces
Date: Wednesday, January 12, 1994 5:13PM

What do you all think about including a section in prefaces to
software and hardware manuals that lists the changes made to those
books since the previous release/edition?

Do you think readers/users really care whether the name of a
chapter was changed, or that it was moved somewhere else in the book?

I'm having trouble justifying such a section in the prefaces to the
books in our library, and would like to know what you all think, what
you do, and so on.

David McMurrey
Info. Dev.--IBM, Austin, Texas
davidm -at- austin -dot- ibm -dot- com