Re: FrameMaker 3.x.x

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 3.x.x
From: Brian Daley <briand -at- MEI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 1994 09:15:12 -0600

>I have two compatability questions:
>1. Are (or to what degree are) FrameMaker files compatible with
>PageMaker files?

To go from Page to Frame you need to export to something like Word5 files,
then import into Frame. I have not tried it myself, so I can't verify how
well it works. It would be nice if there was a 1-step conversion, though.
Don't know about Frame -> Page.

>2. To what degree are Mac PageMaker files compatible with PC
>PageMaker files?

I think Page on Mac and Page on PC is pretty seamless. I did some
newsletters with someone who worked in Page on a PC, and all I needed on
the Mac was something like DOS Mounter (or a network) so I could read a DOS
floppy. I don't think needed to save or export anything special to create
a Mac-readable file. I think it's just a regualr save.

-BD

"What matters is not DOW's average, but YOUR average."

- commentator Jim Hightower, WTMJ Radio

Brian Daley | Marquette Electronics, Inc.
briand -at- mei -dot- com | Diagnostic Division - Technical Communication
(414) 362-3133 | 8200 West Tower Avenue
FAX: (414) 357-5988 | Milwaukee, WI 53223 USA