Embedded Indexing Software: Informal User Survey

Subject: Embedded Indexing Software: Informal User Survey
From: "Nancy C. Mulvany" <nmulvany -at- WELL -dot- SF -dot- CA -dot- US>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 1994 11:07:39 -0800

The following is a re-posting of an earlier message that
apparently became garbled during transmission.

Re: Request for Comments on Embedded Indexing Software

I want to thank all of you who replied to my Request for Comments
about embedded indexing software in December. You've been very
generous by providing thoughtful responses.

As promised, I will post the results of this informal survey. I
hope to have preliminary results posted by early to mid-February.
My file containing your responses is around 180 Kb in size. So, I
have a bit of material to go through! I do hope to present
"common threads" in your requests for improvements in this type
of software.

I have yet to thoroughly read everything (which I plan to do). I
have skimmed through the responses. As expected, the responses
clearly indicate that we are not "happy campers."

As a few of you have made clear, you consider your correspondence
with me as private email. Since I did not specify otherwise, I
too consider it private email and understand that many of you do
not wish attribution for your comments.

Again, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with me.

-nancy
Nancy Mulvany
Bayside Indexing Service
Kensington, CA
nmulvany -at- well -dot- sf -dot- ca -dot- us