Address Info

Subject: Address Info
From: ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 1994 12:44:13 CDT

Hi,
I just wanted to clarify the addresses given below. OSU
is also a gateway, so the best addresses to use would
be as follows.
Subscribe and unsub messages (and other business
stuff):
LISTSERV -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU (These two are
LISTSERV -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET equivalent)

Posting messages:

Communicating with me (should you want to 8-) )
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu
ejray -at- VM1 -dot- UCC -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
ejray -at- OSUVM1 -dot- BITNET

Please let me know if you have questions or problems.
Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Author: "Technical Writers List; for all Technical Communication issues"
Date: 1/26/94 10:26 AM

You used the address for the list itself; the address for the listSERVER,
where you'd want to send an "UNSUBSCRIBE techwrl" command, is

listserv%osuvm1.cunyvm.cuny.edu (converted from the BITNET address,

listserv -at- osuvm1 -dot- BITNET)

However, if you don't still have your old e-mail address and send the
UNSUBSCRIBE message from it, the listserver won't "recognize" you, so in
that case you're better off sending personal mail to the listowner, Eric J.
Ray:

EJRAY%osuvm1.cunyvm.cuny.edu (converted likewise)

Note that the "cunyvm.cuny.edu" part of both addresses I gave above is just
*a* BITNET gateway, one I got from The Whole Internet User's Guide and
Catalog by Ed Krol. For list postings you should find out what the nearest
one (nearest = fewest routing hops away from WELL.SF.CA.US) is for you, and
use that for the part after the % in converted BITNET addresses.

For example, the name of my nearest BITNET gateway is
"ugw.utcc.utoronto.ca," so my mail program knows the techwr-l *list* address
as:

Probably the folks at The Well (where you're mailing from, yes?) can tell
you what your nearest BITNET gateway is. Hope all this has helped.

Cheers,
Pat
Patrick O'Connell |Brilliant-
Intermediate Writer, Eicon Technology Corporation |ly ornamen-
2196 32nd Ave. Lachine, Quebec, Canada, H8T 3H7 |tal sig
Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com |UNDER
Tel: (B) 514-631-9825 x250 (H) 514-482-9279 |CONSTRUC-
Fax: (B) 514-631-3092 |TION...