Re: Strange "warning"

Subject: Re: Strange "warning"
From: Ad absurdum per aspera <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- GOV>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 1994 16:42:18 GMT

> Your StepByStep can be abused and damaged.
> Sharp objects such as knives, pencil points, etc.
> can be forced into the foam. Just using common
> sense should ensure the StepByStep a long life.

> Don't those first two sentences sound as if they're encouraging
> the customer to abuse and damage the step? I can just imagine
> the proud new owner...."oh boy, not one of those hard plastic
> steps that can't be damaged!!! Hand me the steak knives!"

Yeah, it *does* sound a bit odd... The message, of course, is
"Keep your brats away from the product when they're at the
stage where pencils are used mainly to poke holes in things,
or else you'll jump up on it one day and it'll collapse from
hidden damage."

Joe
"Just another personal opinion from the People's Republic of Berkeley"
Disclaimer: Even if my employer had a position on the subject,
I probably wouldn't be the one stating it on their behalf.