Re: Using HTML

Subject: Re: Using HTML
From: Frank Stearns <franks -at- PACIFIER -dot- RAIN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 10:39:45 -0800

Barbara Writes:

> I have resisted using online documentation because our "base"
> standard display is VT100. (This is a very robust university environment
> with a zillion different types of displays sitting on desktops. We support
> UNIX flavors, VMS, CMS, MVS and DOS and Mac OS; and lots of applications.)

If any of your source documents are in FrameMaker, or can be converted
to FrameMaker, you might consider our product, FM2A (FrameMaker to Ascii
filter). FM2A generates a fully formatted ascii stream, including tables, from
a FrameMaker file or book of files. The output is perfectly suited to VT100
terminals.

If you'd like more information, please contact me directly.

| Frank Stearns | Developers of Tools for FrameMaker(r) |
| Frank Stearns Associates | Developers of Custom Software Tools |
| 206/892-3970 | Designers of Online Environments |
| franks -at- pacifier -dot- rain -dot- com | Contract Writers and Editors |