Re: homophones

Subject: Re: homophones
From: Mark Hagen <mahagen -at- MTU -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 15:07:02 -0600

>I'm 23 and I know the Judas Priest song. I've always said "thing" and had
>never heard of "think".

I'm 23 and I don't know the Judas Priest song. But I too have always said
"thing" and have never heard of "think". (Used in the context of the
phrase "you've got another ~ coming", which is not to say that I don't
understand the concept of thinking, but is merely to say that I think all
of you who think that thinking "think" is the correct way to think about
filling in the aforementioned phrase are thinking faultily.)

Though I could be wrong . . . It's happened before.

Mark A. Hagen
Humanities Department
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive