Re: homophones

Subject: Re: homophones
From: Kay Lukens <klukens -at- HALCYON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 1994 06:35:52 GMT

In article <9401272219 -dot- AA10331 -at- expert -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu>, Tina Santy
<santytm3 -at- expert -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu> wrote:

> For years I thought that the book of Genesis was the story of adamant
> Eve.
> Tina Santy

Continuing the Biblical theme...

In Sunday school, hearing about "publicans" in the New Testament, I thought
they were some kind of predecessors to "Republicans." Then I wondered how
anyone could vote Republican, because the publicans got such bad press.