HTML

Subject: HTML
From: Barbara Rigg-Healy <brigg -at- ARIEL -dot- UNM -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 1994 16:26:00 MST

My apologies for not including an explanation of HTML in my original message.

HTML is Hypertext Markup Language which is used in an online document to
create links from keywords to other parts of the text. It's used on the
World-Wide Web (naturally referred to as WWW -- more acronyms!). The text
can be navigated in a nonlinear manner. For example, an online table of
contents is a list of keywords. A user selects a topic and is linked to
the text of that topic. When finished, the user can toggle back to the
table of contents for another selection.

It eliminates scrolling through screens of unwanted text to reach the
desired documentation, and it has an instant (a keystroke) way back to the
table of contents. HTML also offers wonderful features for more advanced
displays than a VT100 like different typfaces and fonts, graphics, and even
color.

It's pretty exciting stuff, but the question I have is, what are the
resources (as in software, time, effort, etc.) required to do it?
_____________________________
\
Barbara Rigg-Healy \
Technical Editor \
Computer and Information \
Resources and Technology \
University of New Mexico \ "White space never lies."
Albuquerque, NM 87131-6046 \
e-mail: brigg -at- unm -dot- edu \ -- Bill Horton
voice: (505) 277-8147 \