Re: Framemaker 4

Subject: Re: Framemaker 4
From: Helena Jerney <hjerney -at- HUDSONBAY -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 1994 13:27:24 +0800

Hi,

I've been using FrameMaker 4 for about a year (I was a beta site), and I
have one disagreement with the statement below:

You *can* apply a change to a paragraph attribute to just the selected text
wihtout applying it to the catalog or creating a new style. Also, note that
if you modify an attribute locally, FrameMaker will add an asterisk to the
tag name when you place the cursor in the paragraph with an overriding
attribute.

For example, if you have a paragraph tagged "body" and you decide to make
it all bold, just for a specific paragraph, place the cursor inside the
paragraph, select default font in the Paragraph Designer, change the weight
to bold, and click Apply. This will result in two things:

1. The paragraph you are on will be bold, nothing will have changed in the
catalog, and no new styles will be created.
2. When you look at the status line at the bottom, the name of the tag
(in this case "body") will appear with an asterisk beside it. This
enables you to find out if a paragraph attribute has been changed without
having to open the Paragraph designer.

Helena