Call for abstracts-"Recent and Relevant"

Subject: Call for abstracts-"Recent and Relevant"
From: "Dr. Rita Reaves" <itreaves -at- HOMER -dot- SIT -dot- ECU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 1994 00:49:26 EST

Hello out there,

If you are interested in writing abstracts of articles you find
interesting to practitioners in our field, please let me know.

I edit "Recent and Relevant," one of the quarterly features in
Technical Communication, the Journal of the Society for Technical
Communication.

Each quarter, monitors from around the country contribute abstracts
of articles on any areas of professional interest to STC readers.
Typical topics or keywords include

Communication
Computers
Computer Documentation
Computer Graphics
Consulting
Editing
Education
Employment
Ethics
Freelancing
Information Handing
Information Resources
Information Services
Language
Management
Micropublishing
Oral Presentations
Personal Development
The Profession
Professional Development
Public Relations
Research
Rhetoric
Scientific Writing
Style
Teaching
Telecommunications
Training
Writing

In other words, if you are interested in the article, our readers
probably would be too.

Every month I hear from people from all over the world who tell me
how much this feature helps them find information they need.

I'm collecting copy now for the Third Quarter 1994 issue and I'd
welcome your contributions. You could send them through this
wonderful medium or by pony express. The information I need for
each abstract is listed below. Hope to hear from you.

Title of the article
Author
Journal title (no abbreviations, please)
Volume (arabic)
Issue
Page numbers
Abstract

60 words or less, more informative than descriptive

Rita Reaves
Flanagan 105
School of Industry and Technology
East Carolina University
Greenville, NC 27858

ITREAVES -at- HOMER -dot- SIT -dot- ECU -dot- EDU