Re: Re[2]: While we're on the topic of words . . .

Subject: Re: Re[2]: While we're on the topic of words . . .
From: Gary Dettmers <garyd -at- TEKELEC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 1994 15:04:03 -0600

Bonni Graham writes:

> For what it's worth. I don't much like proactive, but it doesn't
> push nearly the buttons for me that "impact" used as a verb does.

My pet peeve is intercom. I hear people around our office say, "Intercom me
when you're ready." Or they say, "I'll intercom you when I'm ready."

Ouch! When did the name for an inanimate object, used for room to room
communications, become an active verb in the English language?

Gary Dettmers | |
Sr. Technical Writer | My opinions are just that, mine! |
Tekelec | Do not confuse them as Tekelec |
garyd -at- mailhost -dot- oh -dot- tekelec -dot- com | policy. |