Re: The liability issues of documentation

Subject: Re: The liability issues of documentation
From: Doug Osborn <doug -at- CITR -dot- UQ -dot- OZ -dot- AU>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 1994 08:09:28 EST

LaVonna,

>A similar liability story resulted when a Tulsa, OK
>family sued (and won over) Evenflo for poor documentation accompanying
>a child safety seat. The story was in my chapter's
>newsletter and in STC's _Tieline_. The lawyer involved
>spoke at a chapter meeting. I'll send you more information
>if you are interested.

I'd be interested as well. If nothing else, it's an issue that will raise
the importance of tech writing in some people's eyes (ie "If we don't get
this right, this could happen").

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Osborn | Centre for Information Technology Research
Technical writer | Level 6, Gehrmann Laboratories
InterNet: doug -at- citrus -dot- uq -dot- oz -dot- au | The University of Qld, St Lucia
Phone : +61 7 365 4475 | Qld, Australia 4072. Fax: +61 7 365 4399