To Expand on One of Saul's Points

Subject: To Expand on One of Saul's Points
From: "Vollbach, Elizabeth" <evollbach -at- CCLINK -dot- LOGICON -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 10:28:46 PST

Saul's nitpicking about others' nitpicking others' messages reminds
me. I think we tech writers tend to unconsciously look for
grammatical errors because we need to do it consciously so often that
it becomes habit.

Just for the heck of it, I have been looking at some other Internet
lists and the types of messages those subscribers send. So far, I
have always unsubscribed to those other lists. Most often, those
writers are either careless about their sentence construction, or they
just don't know any better. And it makes me crazy! I've restrained
from correcting them, but it's been difficult. Maybe (probably) this
is my problem, and I shouldn't be so petty, but I understand that
sometimes irresistible urge to correct.

Now, a suggestion to those of you who (not "that") can't help it:
Read one of those other lists.

Beth Vollbach
San Diego, CA
evollbach -at- logicon -dot- com