Mouse: Mouses or mice?

Subject: Mouse: Mouses or mice?
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 09:12:43 -0500

Gentle people:

I feel really silly asking this question.

When speaking of a mouse as a computer control device, is the plural
"mice" or "mouses"? I've been using "mouses" for, gawd, a couple years
now -- and just now, just this very minute, I got an edit replacing
"mouses" with "mice".

I didn't make a hard decision to use "mouses". I have seen it used that
way elsewhere, and liked the usage, so used it too.

jim