Survey on use of WANs

Subject: Survey on use of WANs
From: Marj Rush Hovde <os1 -at- MACE -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 1994 08:50:15 EST

I am interested in finding out how professional writers use Wide Area
Networks to find information and answers to questions. I would
appreciate answers to the questions below. I will use the results in
my teaching of professional writing students as well as in a few
presentations I will be making this spring.

Please send your reply to me at os1 -at- mace -dot- cc -dot- purdue -dot- edu by February 28.
Thanks for your time.

A. Briefly describe your job.

B. Please answer the following questions:

1. What use do you as a Professional Writer make of Wide Area
Network sources for getting information or answers to questions?

2. Which type of sources do you use more:
a. sources such as listserves and bulletin boards
b. sources such as established databases (e.g.
on-line card catalogs, government documents,
etc.)

3. What use do others you work with make of Wide Area
Networks for information or answers?

4. What would you recommend that Professional Writing
students learn about finding information on Wide Area Networks so that
they will be prepared for their work after graduation?

5. Other comments or questions?

Thanks again,

Marj