rhetoric of science group

Subject: rhetoric of science group
From: Randy Allen Harris <raha -at- WATARTS -dot- UWATERLOO -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 1994 08:22:57 -0500

Below is a notice I got from another list that may be of interest to
(AARST) may be dormant at the moment, however, as I haven't yet received a
response to my queries.

Notice follows
--------------

This circular is being sent to the following networks:

Sci-tech-studies
Mersenne
Hopos-l
H-rhetor

If you think that other networks would appreciate this circular,
please pass it along.

The American Association for the Rhetoric of Science and Technology
(AARST!) was formed at the recent meeting of the Speech
Communication Association in Miami. AARST's purview includes the
following themes:

1) popular representations of science
2) science and public rhetoric
3) scientific ideas in literature
4) rhetoric in science.

Both students and faculty are encouraged to join AARST. There will
be a Business Meeting of AARST at the next annual meeting of SCA
(in New Orleans, 19-22 November 1994). During that meeting, there
will be several panels on the rhetoric of science, co-sponsored by
the Theory and Rhetoric Division.

All those interested in joining AARST, please send your name,
address, and areas of interest to Steve Fuller at
<fuller -at- vms -dot- cis -dot- pitt -dot- edu> or fax: 412-624-1878. Please indicate
clearly that this information is for AARST, so I can keep it
separate from my other mail.

The Executive Committee of AARST consists of Henry Krips,
University of Pittsburgh (President); Steve Fuller, Virginia Tech
and University of Pittsburgh (Vice-President); Charles Bazerman,
Georgia Tech; Alan Gross, University of Minnesota; John Lyne,
University of Iowa; Anand Rao, University of Pittsburgh (graduate
student representative).

Randy Allen Harris
raha -at- watarts -dot- uwaterloo -dot- ca

Rhetoric and Professional Writing, Department of English, University of
Waterloo, Waterloo ON N2L 3G1, CANADA; 519 885-1211, x5362; FAX: 519 884-8995