Using "where" to mean "in which"--not preferred usage

Subject: Using "where" to mean "in which"--not preferred usage
From: Rebecca <rnaffziger -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 15:21:13 -0700

This message was returned when I tried to send it to the address that follows.

Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 14:49:56 -0700
To: LaVonna -dot- lffunkhouser -at- halnet -dot- com
From: (Rebecca)rnaffziger -at- qualcomm -dot- com

Using where in this loose sense (by not referring to a physical location)
is not a pet peeve of mine, but I prefer not to. I only use it in this way
for the sake of consistency, for example, when I am working on an existing
document and don't have time or the prerogative to change every occurrence.

R e b e c c a N a f f z i g e r
Technical Publications
Telephone: (619) 658-4173
Office: Q-111O