Lowballing

Subject: Lowballing
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- CRABAPPLE -dot- BITNET>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 1994 10:22:43 IST

whether you're a contractor interviewing a subcontractor,
or a permanent manager hiring an employee (or contractor), do you
try to lowball the candidate?

** I'm a writer myself, besides from time to time hiring other
writers, so I find it very much in my interest to promote
high appreciation of writers in general. You might expect similar
enlightened self-interest from anyone else responsible for handling
writers in a corporate environment ("The more valuable the people I
supervise are, the more valuable I am") but often when you get up to
the level where the supervisors of writers don't know much themselves
about writing, they seem afraid to attach much value to the expertise
they lack.

Mark L. Levinson, SEE Technologies, Box 544, Herzlia, Israel
mark -at- dcl-see -dot- co -dot- il | voice +972-9-584684, ext. 230 | fax +972-9-543917