Overseas Technical Writing

Subject: Overseas Technical Writing
From: "Christine M. Davis" <cdavis -at- CARBON -dot- DENVER -dot- COLORADO -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 21:07:23 -0700

I am composing this note for my husband, who is a technical writer. He is
interested in learning about technical writing abroad, either in Latin
America or on the Pacific Rim. I am working on an MA in ESL (English as a
Second Language), and the two of us would like to pursue our respective
careers abroad for a while when I graduate 1 - 1 1/2 years from now. If
anyone has 1) worked as a technical communicator overseas and could tell
me/him about working conditions, salary, etc, or 2) Knows of opportunities
currently available abroad, or 3) Can suggest companies or organizations
that list jobs tech writing jobs for overseas assignments, we would be
very eager to hear from you. Please send e-mail to

cdavis -at- carbon -dot- denver -dot- colorado -dot- edu