NCSU MS in Tech. Comm. Theses Topics, FYI

Subject: NCSU MS in Tech. Comm. Theses Topics, FYI
From: Brad Mehlenbacher <brad_m -at- UNITY -dot- NCSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 1994 12:48:14 -0500

Thought the folks on this list might be interested in the theses that
have come out of our program here at NCSU. Brad.

>> Brad Mehlenbacher Phone: (919) 515-4138 <<
>> Assistant Professor Fax: (919) 515-7856 <<
>> Technical Communication <<
>> E-mail: brad_m -at- unity -dot- ncsu -dot- edu <<
>> English Department <<
>> NC State University You're working too hard if you analyze <<
>> Raleigh, NC 27695-8105 interfaces in episodes of Star Trek... <<

_NCSU MS in Technical Communication Thesis Topics_

"The Language of HIV/AIDS: Toward an Understanding of Communication
Strategies" (Adams)

"Guidelines for Designing Software User Manuals: An Assessment of Some
Implications for Practical Design" (Albers)

"Effect of Format on Reviewers' Evaluations of Research Proposals"
(Armagost)

"Design of Instructional Materials for an Environmental Safety Training
Program" (Borowski)

"Survey of IBM Employees about Writing on the Job" (Boyette)

"The Application of Research-Based Document-Design Principles to a
Software User's Manual" (Bruns)

"Mathematics Instruction Videography for Students in Secondary Schools:
Audience Analysis and Instructional Design (Bumgarner)

"Linguistic Analysis of the Interview Used in Child Sexual Abuse
Investigation" (Burnett)

"Metaphor Analysis of Decision Science: An Analysis of an Argument"
(Christian)

"Writing for the Academy: A Naturalistic Study of Students Entering a
Graduate Technical Communication Program" (Davidson)

"Effective Use of Color in Printed Graphics: Guidelines for the Field of
Technical Communication" (Ellis)

"Scientific and Legal Rhetoric: An Analysis of an Environmental Issue"
(Fischer)

"A Determination of Gender-Based Writing Differences in Students' Letters
of Job Application" (Friday)

"A Study Characterizing the Rhetoric of Nonacademic Writing Instruction"
(Heins)

"The Alar Scare: Values, Issues, and Perceptions in Two Forums of a
Scientific Controversy" (Hopkins)

"Principles of Minimal Manual Design" (Howard)

"Acceptable Lies and Epistemological Damage: Women and Writing in the
Academy" (Ito)

"Audience Survey for School-Parent Communication" (Joyner)

"Examination of Layout Guidelines for Computer Displays Formatted with
Online Documentation" (Justice)

"Analysis of the Online Help Systems of Three PC-Based Word Processors"
(Korn)

"Literacy Reborn: Do Computers Change the Way Writers Write and Readers
Read?" (Larsen)

"Toward Furthering Technical Writing Pedagogy: How Mechanical and
Aerospace Engineering Faculty and Technical Writing Faculty Perceive and
Evaluate Engineering Writing" (Loftus)

"Usability and Format Design: An Experiment to Compare a Task-Oriented
Reference Guide to a Command-Oriented Reference Guide" (Lyon)

"The Influence of Perceived Complexity and Preservice Training
Requirements on Computerphobia" (Murphy)

"How Technical Communicators in the Computer Software Industry Know and
Address Their Audiences" (Payne)

"Metaphor Analysis of the RU-486 Controversy" (Rader)

"Analysis of Audience Appeals in Different Documents of a Large
Corporation" (Rudisill)

"Effect of Online Review Tools on the Collaborative Writing Process"
(Schulken)

"Writing on the Job: An Investigation of Collaborative Roles and
Organizational Patterns" (Terrell)

"Self Perceptions of Technical Writers and the Conduit Model of
Communication" (Trimmer)

"Cultural Mapping: The Fractal Nature of Belief" (Walsh)

"The Socialization of Writers as They Move From Academia to Professional
Discourse Communities" (Waters)

"Cultural Values and Crisis Communication: The Bhopal Disaster as Reported
in India and Appalachia" (Wimbish)