Indexing software

Subject: Indexing software
From: Carl Stieren <ag231 -at- FREENET -dot- CARLETON -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 16:33:13 -0500

Has anyone hared of a good interactive indexing program that works
with MS-Word? We are now using MS-Word for Windows Re. 6.0a.

We would like to have the ability to a) automatically scan the text
for a string and insert an index tag at each mention (with confirm!),
and b) edit tags from the index.

Has anyone used such a product, or does anyone know of such a product?

We were inspired by the ease of user of RoboHelp in inserting hypertext
links, and thought, "Wait a second, there should be one of these tools
for generating indexes!"

- Carl Stieren and Art Johnson
Technical Writers
Simwar Inc.

--
: When peace that passes understanding
Carl Stieren : reigns on earth and on the sea,