Re: "dummy" books to...

Subject: Re: "dummy" books to...
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 15:57:22 EST

I love the idea of margin definitions. Few things are as frustrating as
finding an unfamiliar word (or a familiar word used differently) in the text,
stopping what you're reading, going to the glossary, and looking up the word,
when what you really want is an answer to your question! And then if it's
not even there... (which begs a different question -- how do you decide what
needs to be defined?). I thnks having the definitions in the margin,
indicated with bold text in the index, and no glossary would be more
intuitive than the current system. Anyone want to poke holes in this?

Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
President, SDSTC
BonniG -at- aol -dot- com