Nancy Burn's Glossary Suggestion

Subject: Nancy Burn's Glossary Suggestion
From: "usrhr.US" <usrhr -at- ZEUS -dot- MILLIPORE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 1994 10:54:18 -0500

A couple of days ago, Nancy posted the suggestion that terms be defined both in
the text (in the margins perhaps), as well as being included in the glossary.
I think she has a great idea.

Some of the other recent postings have pointed out that for a user's guide the
in-text approach would be better. On the other hand for a reference manual the
glossary method would be better (although even in a user's guide the same term
might be used in many places). As an ex engineer, I've certainly read all
kinds of manuals. I would certainly appreciate having both methods in the
same manual.

As a new tech writer, I never hought about including index entries for the
glossary. Someone who's message I unfortunately deleted too fast suggested
this-great idea.

Love this mailing list...

Dick Harris
Millipore Corp.
usrhr -at- bedford -dot- millipore -dot- com