Re: Words Into Type--4th ed.

Subject: Re: Words Into Type--4th ed.
From: Lori Lathrop <76620 -dot- 456 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 1994 16:56:50 EST

Tom Warren asks:

> ... What kind of an index should WIT4 have? Are there problems with
> the WIT3 index?

Tom -- I haven't taken the time to thoroughly evaluate the WIT3 index,
but I can say this -- I've always found everything I searched for, and
I think it's a well-designed, comprehensive index. Also, the section
on indexing has "aged well" ... I mean, the basic info is still valid.
BUT ... since you're updating it, it would be nice if WIT4's section
on indexing included info on automated indexing methods (using indexing
software such as Cindex by Indexing Research or Macrex by Bayside
Indexing Services). If you don't have the FAQ file from INDEX-L, just
let me know and I'll send it to you.

Lori Lathrop ----------> INTERNET:76620 -dot- 456 -at- compuserve -dot- com
Lathrop Media Services
Georgetown, CO 80444