Re: :) Happy forwarding!!! (fwd)

Subject: Re: :) Happy forwarding!!! (fwd)
From: Mike Pope <mikep -at- ASYMETRIX -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 1994 15:09:00 PDT

Well, if anyone were to ask me (right, I realize no one did <g>), I'd
propose informal guidelines something like these:

* the primary purpose is to exchange info about technical writing, so
that's what
we should concentrate on.

* the occasional humorous piece is ok by me, but I'd prefer it if it
were sort of writer-oriented. I don't
know about anyone else, but we already have a couple of
self-appointed distributors of
Internet humor, so there's no shortage of Tonya Harding and Barney
jokes here. But that thing
about writing fiction -- truer than it sounded, ha-ha -- wasn't the
sort of thing one would likely
see elsewhere.

* Chain letters are right out.

Dunno, just what seems reasonable right this second.

-- Mike Pope
mikep -at- asymetrix