Re: Online & paper?

Subject: Re: Online & paper?
From: Arthur Comings <atc -at- CORTE-MADERA -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 09:02:06 PDT

> - completeness -- online doc is so abbreviated that I'm never sure
> I am finding everything I need to know.

Considering on-line space limitations, you're probably _not_
finding it.

It would take a pretty fervent on-line advocate to claim that most
onl-line doc wouldn't need to be supplemented with paper docs that can
act as a _reference_: to present every last detail.

Then there's the other difficulty that Karen alluded to: it's tough
with on-line doc to know how much else there is, and to get the sense
of context that you can easily get with paper. I think this problem
may be solved sooner or later, though.

Arthur Comings

GeoQuest
Corte Madera