Re: Online & paper?

Subject: Re: Online & paper?
From: "Barbara J. Philbrick" <burkbrick -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 1994 11:57:52 EDT

> Re: saving money, as this is an issue for us, too: have you
> thought about putting manuals in PostScript format, sending them
> out with the software, and letting users print the ones they
> need?

The only problem with this is that many people don't have access to
PostScript printers (and a fair percentage don't even know what PostScript
is). I have two client companies right now that don't have
PostScript (which I found out after .EPS graphics didn't print), and my
contacts at both companies gave me blank looks when I suggested that doing
manuals in PostScript would ease the
process with the printers.

Barb Philbrick