Re: Do you agree with me that this SUCKS?

Subject: Re: Do you agree with me that this SUCKS?
From: Jim Grey <jwg -at- ACD4 -dot- ACD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 08:52:31 -0500

PatO' fumes that he won't get the bucks for his new position until July:
>...This means that while I was
>recommended for promotion from (entry-level) "writer" to "intermediate
>writer" in November of last year, and consider myself to be an intermediate
>writer, I don't get the accompanying change in pay scale until the beginning
>of July. I am nothing short of FURIOUS about this -- I started here as a
>"writer" THREE years ago last Friday. My superior is of the opinion that
>"most companies are like this" -- I don't agree with him, and would be
>considerably less angry if he was right and I was wrong.

Dang. I'd be royally honked off, too. My company gives incremental
pay increases at the review date, always the anniversary of the employee's
hire into the position. So, I was hired July 1, and my raises always begin
July 1. A couple years ago, my review was delayed until October. I got a
big check the first of November paying me for the money I should have made
from July to October.

And when a promotion or other change in positin occurs, any change in pay
takes effect *immediately*.

This is fair, and the way it ought to be.

Up the Irons,
jim grey
--
jim grey |beebeebumbleandthestingersmottthehoopleraycharlessingers
jwg -at- acd4 -dot- acd -dot- com |lonniemackandtwangin'eddiehere'smyringwe'regoingsteadyta