Speed of ForeHelp

Subject: Speed of ForeHelp
From: Faith Weber <weber -at- EASI -dot- ENET -dot- DEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 18:21:30 PDT

After I mentioned that I found the ForeHelp demo to be slow, Kay
Wicker asked me to be more specific.

It doesn't seem so slow on my (*very* simple) help files. However,
the samples provided with the demo display very slowly. In topics
with a lot of graphics, it paints the screen once, then repaints it
smaller than the first time. Pretty peculiar.

On the other hand, I recently got an error message while installing
other software that said I might have display problems and should
find out whether my display card manufacturer has an updated driver.
I haven't done that yet, and now that I think of it, that might be
part or all of the problem.

I'll try to remember to let you know if a different display driver
makes a difference (if I remember to call and can get one!)

Faith Weber
EA Systems Inc.
weber -at- easi -dot- enet -dot- dec -dot- com