Re: Caps misunderstanding

Subject: Re: Caps misunderstanding
From: "Barbara J. Philbrick" <burkbrick -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 10:44:33 EDT

MG> I constantly get documents to edit in which the writer plays fast and
loose
MG> with initial caps. Any ideas as to why this is so?

KH>Perhaps because it's the editor's job to be concerned with nit-picky
KH>details like consistency, and the writer doesn't want to be bothered?
KH>(In other words, that's what editors are for. ;-)

It's also because many companies still think programmers, with the aid of a
good secretary (often no-so-good) can put together a useful manual.

I can tell you that I often play fast and loose with initial caps when I'm in
the initial stages of a document, and if I had a good editor, I'd probably be
lazier about going back in and using search and replace to standardize them
all.

Barb