Re: Andreas latest job h...

Subject: Re: Andreas latest job h...
From: Andreas Ramos <andreas -at- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 15:12:07 -0700

Since I'm getting flamed on this (well, only a zippo flamette), i'll add
some gasoline...

Yes, $5,000 for a course. If that shocks you, well, you probably don't eat
caviar either. Or pay $200 bucks for Word, when a 10 cent pencil is
cheaper. The point is: would you pay $5,000 for a course which results in
a $50,000 job? Of course.

A $1,000 per day fee is completely normal and reasonable. Most
professional seminar fees are in this range. Lawyers and doctors commonly
pay this, or higher, for their seminars. These prices are normal in the
computer industry as well. Anyone who is involved in business which
commonly works with amounts of hundreds of thousands, or millions, will
pay a measly $1,000 for information. The result makes the cost reasonable.
There are online databases of information which also have interesting
prices: you may be shocked, but it costs about $500,000 to put down an
test oil drilling, so oil companies use a geological online database which
runs at a cool $50,000 smackers per hour. That, honey child, is cheap:
fifteen minutes can save you $1/2 mil.

If you got over the shock and read the remainder of the posting, I point
out that the State of California offers the same seminars for free.

yrs,
andreas
Andreas Ramos, M.A. Heidelberg Sacramento, California