Re: Documentation not as important anymore?

Subject: Re: Documentation not as important anymore?
From: Anne Halseytechwriter <ach -at- TOMICHI -dot- STORTEK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 1994 11:35:11 -0600

Regarding Anatole's quote from the Newsbytes article:

I expect people are not realizing the impact information
developers have on the need for support. Reading between
the lines, I suspect respondents rated the need for support
so highly because they were using software that was not
particularly well-designed; had talented information developers
gotten their hands on the UI or online help/diagnostics,
the software would have been more intuitive to use and
the need for support would not be as great.

Just my nickel's worth ...

Anne Halsey
Senior Technical Writer
StorageTek: Boulder, CO