Re: I've had enough of Andreas; how about you?

Subject: Re: I've had enough of Andreas; how about you?
From: Lee Turner <Lee=Turner%Sys=Mkt%Sys=Hou -at- BANGATE -dot- COMPAQ -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 13:52:35 CDT

Patrick O'Connell <patricko -at- EICON -dot- COM> Wrote:

| I hereby publicly petition Eric J. Ray, listowner for techwr-l, to
| immediately and at least temporarily, if not permanently, suspend
| the
| subscription of Andreas Ramos to techwr-l. If you feel similarly,
| put a "me
| too!" message on the list and wait for democracy to take its
| course. I
| cannot in good conscience counsel sending mail directly to Eric J.
| Ray, the
| virtual (pardon
| the pun) avalanche of mail.

| Pat O'Connell
| --------------------------------.----------------------------------.
||Patrick Brian O'Connell > Intermediate Technical Writer|
||Internet: patricko -at- eicon -dot- com < Eicon Technology Corporation|
||Tel: (H) 514-482-9279 > (B) 514-631-9825 x250|
| .------"Ciall agus neart">>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Strength and
| knowledge"-----.
||"At my lemonade stand I used to give the first glass away free and |
|| charge five dollars for the second glass. The refill contained |
|| the antidote." -- Emo Phillips |

| -------------------------------------------------------------------'

I heartily disagree with Pat's request to petition Eric to remove Andreas from
this list. While I usually do not agree with Andreas' comments, I have not seen
anything from him that breaks the list etiquette. Pat, I don't know why you're
so offended by Andreas. Actually, I was pretty offended by your "Andreas, for
Christ's Sake" post, but I certainly would not use that as an excuse to try to
ban you from this list.

If we all had the same opinions, we'd never learn anything new.

Lee Turner
Compaq Computer Corp.
Houston, TX

internet: leet -at- bangate -dot- compaq -dot- com