Re: Pompous rudeness (was passive voice)

Subject: Re: Pompous rudeness (was passive voice)
From: Vicki Rosenzweig <murphy!acmcr!vr -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 11 May 1994 12:33:05 EDT

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be pompous or a net cop. It just
struck me that, from almost any viewpoint, we would be better
off discussing how to write a good sentence rather than what
the parts of that sentence should be called. And I didn't realize
that "I would like to change the subject now" was considered
rude.

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr -dot- uucp -at- murphy -dot- com
New York, NY