Re: Tech Writing Books

Subject: Re: Tech Writing Books
From: RoseRead -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 19:30:31 EDT

Anatole asks:

<So the question is: when you go into a bookstore, what section do you check
<first for books on technical writing? Where would you prefer to look for
<them?
----------------

Lately, in both a locally owned bookstore and in a "Borders" in the DC area,
I've found books on writing ~anything~ in the reference section....be it tech
writing (and Borders actually carries a relatively good selection of tech
writing books), poetry writing, fiction writing, or how to write a romance
novel...

I wondered about this, because much of the creative writing books come close
to essay/criticism...but there they all were, right near the Dictionaries,
How to Study for the LSAT, and Barron's Notes.

Before I discovered this, I went to the nearest University Bookstore for tech
writing books....

Hope this helps
Kim
(roseread -at- aol -dot- com)