Dingbats

Subject: Dingbats
From: David Oberstadt <daveo -at- VNET -dot- IBM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 May 1994 14:44:39 PDT

Catherine Cox and all you dinbat-inclined folks...

I have seen these guys used all sorts of ways. I doubt
any true rules exist. I suggest you use them one way and
be consistent. My favorite way to use dingbats to mark the
the end of an article is to put the dingbat in the center
of the column after all the text, usually skipping a line.

...and this is the
last sentence in
the article.

- * - <--- You don't have to limit yourself!

If you are determined to use dingbats to mark the end of
articles, I suggest looking through magazines and see how
they use them. I know some good books about using dingbats
sit around on library shelves for years (or at least chapters
in books).

David Oberstadt Santa Teresa Lab
daveo -at- vnet -dot- ibm -dot- com San Jose, California